Name:

I am a metal sculptor who spent more than 40 years caring for patients in my pursuit of medicine. I have now undergone a metamorphosis from caring to creating. Working in both mild and stainless steel, I am now creating metal sculptures, for placement indoors and outdoors.I begin the process with a mental vision of a shape, a form, or a structure.Then I put this initial concept to paper in the form of a drawing or a sketch, often done in perspective, followed by creating a small scale model as a guide for fabricating the final work. The final step in the process involves cutting the steel into appropriate sizes and shapes, welding them together, grinding down the welds and then painting or polishing, depending on the material used. Each piece takes many hundreds of hours to go from the initial workings to the final product. The geometry, the symmetry, the asymmetry, the negative space, as well as the size of my sculptures create a dramatic and satisfying experience. Commissions accepted. Prices on request.

Friday, September 16, 2011


PERPETUAL MOTION

This dramatic stainless steel sculpture (28" x 20" x 12"), composed of rings and things, is a source of constant motion and energy. The polished, reflective surfaces appear to be in constant motion. Every view, from any direction, shows a drama of negative and positive space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home